TИГЪРА
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TИГЪРА

ТИГЪРА

ИндексИндекс  Последни снимкиПоследни снимки  ТърсенеТърсене  Регистрирайте сеРегистрирайте се  ВходВход  
Latest topics
» Lead by Example
Are You An Inventor? Probably So. Icon_minitimeПет Ное 11, 2011 1:36 pm by mrsamct

» Provide Encouragement During Setbacks
Are You An Inventor? Probably So. Icon_minitimeПет Ное 11, 2011 1:36 pm by mrsamct

» Avoid Eating Out

» Travel to Thailand and Experience the Exotic and Adventurous City
Are You An Inventor? Probably So. Icon_minitimeСъб Ное 05, 2011 12:10 am by mrsamct

» Here We Are About To Tell You Just How To Work With Your Keywords Properly
Are You An Inventor? Probably So. Icon_minitimeСъб Ное 05, 2011 12:10 am by mrsamct

» The invention of Marnot down jacket

» Be Personal with DIY Gifts
Are You An Inventor? Probably So. Icon_minitimeПет Ное 04, 2011 12:04 am by mrsamct

» Creative Jobs can Help you Earn More
Are You An Inventor? Probably So. Icon_minitimeПет Ное 04, 2011 12:04 am by mrsamct

» Are You An Inventor? Probably So.

ГЛАСУВАЙ ЗА НАС
OverTop : класация на български сайтове
picbg
vbox7
Navigation
 Portal
 Индекс
 Потребители
 Профил
 Въпроси/Отговори
 Търсене
БГ Фонетика
picbg
Търсене

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Affiliates
free forum

Are You An Inventor? Probably So.

Go down 
АвторСъобщение
mrsamct

Брой мнения : 45

Are You An Inventor? Probably So. Empty
ПисанеЗаглавие: Are You An Inventor? Probably So.   Are You An Inventor? Probably So. Icon_minitimeПет Ное 04, 2011 12:04 am

Cruise Ship Jobs South Africa
soft baby shoes
Ever wonder about the "great mystique" of being an inventor? It boggles some of our imaginations. What if I told you you already are one. Let's say you are making bacon and eggs and a biscuit for breakfast in the morning. People have been eating this combination for years both at home and in restaurants. One day, someone put them all together, added a slice of "cheese product" and presto, this employee of McDonald's got a raise. He had "invented" the Egg McMuffin. It even had a cute name. At the time, Ed McMahon was the co-host of the tonight show and this made the name of it both clever and even easier to remember.

Many think that to be an inventor, one has to have a specific degree, understand how physics and science works, etc. The truth is, there truly isn't anything new in the world, especially in the world of invention. There are the occasional enigmas like the slinky, the pet rock, the hula hoop, etc., but they are few and far between.

Most inventions are simply improvements or variations, upon others. When I was a student in Dallas, I worked at Neiman Marcus where Pet Rocks were sold, and we sold a lot of them. Ten years later, I received a design patent on a product called "Pet Presidents". They were presidential puppets, each with a sculpted head of a famous president and each had a unique container in which it "lived" plus a care and feeding package. For instance Carter came in a peanut, Nixon in a tape recorder, etc. I was new and wet behind the ears in the world of inventing. I found "an angel" who gave me $10,000, which was a lot of money then, and to take the prototypes around to various toy companies around the country to try to get them manufactured. It was not to be. Mattel, Kenner, and all the others said they would have to change an entire assembly line to make it work. I went home in disgust.

That was 1980. A close friend of mine, Patrick Weathers was then a featured performer and writer for Saturday Night Live. We later became roommates in New York but before then, I sent him the Ronald Reagan Pet President (they were in puppet form..."real political puppets). He liked it, as did Eddie Murphy. Eddie used it during his debut performance in a sketch called "Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood. That was my 15 minutes of fame.

All I had done is taken an old idea and elaborated on it.

I was never great in academia, but decided to go back to school in my forties. I invented a device called "Insert Alert". It was an improvement on "Life Alert"; in that it is worn as a watch, it is fully computerized, it monitors vital signs, has a gps tracker to tell any emergency center who the person is, where they are, and what the problem is; even if they are under the ocean. They can even be unconscious and it will auto-dial the nearest 911. Why did I invent it? I had my first heart attack in 2001. There was no way I could have pressed or even found a Life Alert; I was so disoriented and barely conscious I did my best to breathe. I formed a corporation after the patent, raised funds, but not enough to pay the engineer to build the prototype. We will try again as technology has changed and there are more inexpensive ways to do it.

Organic farming has been around for about eighty years. About two years ago, I discovered a way to bring organic farming into urban areas, including indoor apartments and offices, and patented it. My wife Lee, was the design engineer on the project and made it happen. We became partners and plan to release it later this year. We are both very excited about it.

Your invention, or mine does not need to change the world, but it can. For instance a friend of mine invented "The smart bomb" and has been given more credit for saving our soldiers from "friendly fire" and casualties than any other invention. He is very humble about it. When we used to carpet bomb, before his invention, we took out entire cities in hours. We did not win hearts and minds of any country, and we lost way too many of our own soldiers.
Next time you have a few moments, pull out a coat hanger or a paper clip, or an air freshener, or anything around the house. How could you change, modify, add, subtract, etc. to make that product different.

I am also a writer, designer and offbeat cartoonist. (The Far Side by Gary Larson by far was my major inspiration) With my designs, I looked at shoes, Tshirts, mugs etc. to see how to improve the looks of them. With my cartoons, of which I have about 5000 copyrights, I simply added them and presto, stores were invented. My four stores have about 100,000 funny gifts bearing my cartoon collectibles.

With Keds, I simply added graphics of famous philosophers on the top panel with their most famous love quote shoes on the side and presto, my love quote shoes were born.

Again, one does not have to be a rocket scientist to be an inventor. I think one of the greatest inventions I have seen lately is the battery operated cigarette which weans people off smokes without the pain of patches or gum and (allegedly) keeps them off.

If the first invention, book, creation, artwork, etc. does not suit yours, or others fancy, do not give up. Thank the Universe for the "failure"...it is hardly a failure by the way. It is proof that you are one step closer to inventing something that will make a difference.

One final word. Never, ever do business with an "invention company". They advertise all over the place and nearly all are being sued, put out of business, or under investigation.

For the best information call or visit the US Trademark and Patent site. If you have the money, also visit a patent attorney. Both can be very helpful but you do not have to have a patent attorney to have a patent, or trademark, or copyright. Copyrights may be registered at the U.S. Library Of Congress for about $40 each last time I looked; and you can copyright a whole block of images, etc. for the same price rather than one at a time.

By the way ideas cannot be patented. Sorry. You must be able to render a sketch, or have someone else do it, or have a working model. If you do not yet have a working model/prototype, you may buy a provisional copyright for around $100 which lasts a year, and gives you that much time to build a working prototype at which time you pay for a full patent. The US Trademark & Copyright office will walk you through it.

Don't think inventing is for you? Start a business? Can't afford an office or store? The workscape has changed in the past 3 decades. Whereas people with home offices were once "a joke" today they rule. Nearly 50 million Americans and I do not have the figure or Europeans who work from home, but in America, it is more than those that work in offices and shops. If you start a business, even if one like it has existed before, yours will have your own flavor, your own personality, and you have invented something very meaningful.
Good luck and have fun. Having fun is what it is all about
Върнете се в началото Go down

Are You An Inventor? Probably So.
Върнете се в началото 
Страница 1 от 1

Права за този форум:Не Можете да отговаряте на темите
TИГЪРА :: Кино :: Филми-
Идете на: