TИГЪРА
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TИГЪРА

ТИГЪРА

ИндексИндекс  Последни снимкиПоследни снимки  ТърсенеТърсене  Регистрирайте сеРегистрирайте се  ВходВход  
Latest topics
» Lead by Example
Royal St George's Icon_minitimeПет Ное 11, 2011 1:36 pm by mrsamct

» Provide Encouragement During Setbacks

» Avoid Eating Out

» Travel to Thailand and Experience the Exotic and Adventurous City
Royal St George's Icon_minitimeСъб Ное 05, 2011 12:10 am by mrsamct

» Here We Are About To Tell You Just How To Work With Your Keywords Properly

» The invention of Marnot down jacket

» Be Personal with DIY Gifts
Royal St George's Icon_minitimeПет Ное 04, 2011 12:04 am by mrsamct

» Creative Jobs can Help you Earn More

» Are You An Inventor? Probably So.

ГЛАСУВАЙ ЗА НАС
OverTop : класация на български сайтове
picbg
vbox7
Navigation
 Portal
 Индекс
 Потребители
 Профил
 Въпроси/Отговори
 Търсене
БГ Фонетика
picbg
Търсене

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Affiliates
free forum

Royal St George's

Go down 
АвторСъобщение
peggy1258

Брой мнения : 94

Royal St George's Empty
ПисанеЗаглавие: Royal St George's   Royal St George's Icon_minitimeЧет Юли 14, 2011 5:09 pm

1006: McIlroy gets within a foot of his birdie putt on the fourth. And ity goes in for a par. Meanwhile, John Daly holes a 40-footer on the first hole. Brilliant. Also brilliant is his orange bobble hat glowing like a radioactive satsuma.

Text in your views on 81111 (UK) or +44 7786200666 (worldwide)
Alex C from London, via text 81111: "It's all good saying Rory shouldn't worry as it is a long weekend but majors like this are decided by one or two shots and his bogeys are really hurting his chances. Needs to sort it out now before it is all too late."

BBC Radio 5 Live
Mark Roe, disqualified after third round of 2003 Open when only two shots off the pace, on BBC 5 live: "It's a beautiful golf course but you have to be strategically correct. If you can find the middle of the greens, you can do very well indeed."

1000: Ding dong. Scotland's Martin Laird cards two straight birdies on seven and eight and flies up to two under and joins the top of the leaderboard.

0959: A heads-up for the button de rouge. Red button and online coverage of holes 14-16 starts at 1000 BST.

0957: Two booming but equally wild drives from Fowler and McIlroy on the fifth. The American in the long stuff - the very long stuff - and McIlroy in the middle long stuff. Tricky.

Peter in Liverpool, via text 81111: "Watch out for my pick of the week - Matt Kucher. Made the effort to go to Scotland last week and the big man should be solid in the wind. Breaks my heart to say but I think a USA player will win this week."

0953: Two players back on the rise are Graeme Storm and Mark Calcavecchia. A birdie each and they're back on -2.

0950: It's bogey o'clock. Fowler's putt jumps over the right-side of the cup. Bjorn drops a shot to finish his opening nine on -2, while McIlroy's ball stays out for his second bogey of the day.

0947: The problems are still prodding Rory. He chips out of the long stuff and he'll have a very tricky seven-footer to save par on the par-three third. On the blustery conditions, TV commentator Ken Brown says "it will be a real test of patience today".

BBC Sport
Boxing legend Barry McGuigan on BBC Two: "It's not an ideal start for Rory but there's a long way to go. But he's used to playing links courses. He seems to have got it together since the first hole."

Andrew in Newcastle, via text 81111: "I got promoted to warehouse manager 10 months ago and my first responsibility was to organise the 2 week shutdown we have each year. Only the golfers understood why it's a week earlier this year. That is why I'm so popular in the office."
Big chat.

0942: There's a great Dane storming the course like sizzling bacon. Thomas Bjorn cards two successive birdies and is -3 after eight holes and is the outright leader.

0940: The smile and semi-swagger returns to McIlroy who knocks in his six-footer to save par at the second. Pars also for Fowler and Els.

Luke Donald
0937: Meanwhile the world number one Luke Donald sinks a short one to bag a par on the opener. Steady, as ever.

0934: The weatherman may have said interesting a few minutes ago and hole two has been very interesting. McIlroy's approach shot skips through to the hearty of this massive green. Semi-interesting. Fowler just off the edge. Els though pitches over the bunker and it goes short and wildly to the left. Interesting. The wind is dishing up a feast right now. Great recovery from the South African Els though.

BBC Radio 5 Live
Former European Ryder Cup captain Bernard Gallacher: "There's a steely determination about Luke Donald and I'm very optimistic that he will give a great show this week. He's an absolute wizard around the greens with his chipping and putting and that's going to be the key this week, who can get up and down."

0930: Calcavecchia drops a shot on the 11th and slips down to -1. That allows Thomas Bjorn, Ryan Moore and Alvaro Quiros to sit pretty on -2 at the top.

0922: One player everybody seems to talk about is Sergio Garcia. Can he? Won't he? Will he? He's just started anyway. Back to Rory and that looks a little tentative and it's a dropped shot for the US Open champ. It took him 36 holes before dropping his first shot at Congressional. Today, it's taken him one hole. Early days though eh?....

0917: A few "ooohs" as McIlroy's ball slips off the green way over 40 feet beyond the flag that is flapping in the wind. His grey jacket also flapping madly. Fowler's hands in his pockets and he looks cold! Fowler and McIlroy's balls almost kissing each other. AMAZING from Fowler! He grasps his putter, the ball looks short and right but it picks up pace and bends into the hole. Rory up next.....his putt drifts beyond the hole and he'll have a tricky 10-footer for par. "A nasty one" says Alliss. A cracking start for Fowler though - that should warm up his American paws.

0914: WEATHER FLASH: Bit blustery today, warm and pleasant Friday and the weekend is set for more wind and plenty of wet stuff. "It will make it very interesting" says the BBC weatherman.

0910: McIlroy booms his opening shot to big cheers and his ball bobbles along and spits just off the right side of the fairway. The ball is sitting up nicely though. Commentator Peter Allis oozes with joy at the sight of the sprightly 22-year-old. Els and Fowler all safe as well and the three players stroll off the opening stage.

0909: Calcavecchia is on -2 after his opening nine holes and leads the field by one shot. Seven pars and two birdies. Steady stuff.

Rory McIlroy
0906: "I want to go out and be the best player in the world" says Rory McIlroy. Three minutes away from teeing off and there are huge cheers and "COME ON RORY" boom out as he approaches the first tee. Ernie Els is the first off though in the threesome.

Jon in Whitstable, via text 81111: "As much as I'd like to see Rory or one of the Brits win - I just can't see it. Royal St Georges always gives us a surprise - just look at the winner in 2003. I'm going for one of the more unfancied players - just don't ask me who."
Then who?

0901: The Open is now a truly multi-media experience. BBC Two and Radio 5 live are now a go-go. Get to it. And McIlroy is buffing up his clubs eight minutes away from starting. How do you think he'll cope with the world's weight of expectations on his northern Irish shoulders as US Open champion. TWEET or TEXT ME.

Anon, via text 81111: "Nice to see a solid start for live text's old favourite Charley Hoffman - 7 straight pars. Don't hassle him!"

Twitter
InfostradaLive on Twitter: "If Rory McIlroy wins the Open, he will be the third youngest Open winner in history at 22 years and 74 days. He would be the youngest winner since Scotland's Willie Auchterlonie in 1893 (21 years 24 days)."
C'mon - lambast me for this ridiculous championing of Rory but you can't knock the tops stats. Now where's that cup of tea? Tea stats so far - none today. One on the way and it can't come soon enough. How are all your stats?

0845: A reminder. Rory McIlroy goes off at 0909 BST alongside Ernie Els and Rickie Fowler. What a threesome of firecrackers that is. Ian Poulter's shaking his thing on the first tee as we speak. Donald and Garcia off at 0920, while Goosen and Hunter off at 0931. Who are you keeping an eye on today? Any outside bets you want to tell the world about? TEXT OR TWEET ME.

Kate in Bristol, via text 81111: "First ever visit to the Open this weekend me and the other half have decided to hedge our bets between Lee, Luke, Sergio and Padraig... My heart lives with Lee!"
Have a great time.

0836: Just teeing off alongside American Nick Watney and Argentina's Angel Cabrera is Italian Matteo Manassero. If you want to read up on this exciting 18-year-old who became the youngest-ever winner of the British Amateur Championship in 2009 aged 16 then check out this fine blog by BBC Sport's Ben Dirs. A cracking read.

0834: American Gary Woodland has opened up with a pair of bogeys and a pair of pars. While his compatriot Jerry Kelly goes from bad to badder. More bogeys than a five-year-old boy's sleeve in October and he's on +5 after eight holes.

0829: No imminent collapse from Willett but that boy Mark Calcavecchia (champion in 1989) is doing rather well. He's now leading with his second birdie at the day on the par-five seventh. -2 and leading the pack.

0828: Please REFRESH this page and you'll get a whole load of video. Please also note the live video and Radio 5 live coverage gets cranking up from 0900 BST.

Mike in Yateley, via text 81111: "Self employed but taking 2 days off (I'm a plumber, it's costing me!) to watch the golf on BBC. Nobody does it better. Nice tenuous link there to Ian Fleming who was a member at Royal St Georges"
Anybody else know of other courses where famous peeps play? Although I fear this text may also encourage a stream of Bond-related golf jokes....perhaps?

David in Eastbourne, via text 81111: "I would love to see young Rory win again but I foresee the winner coming from overseas once again. Fancy Jason Day to do very well after the two second places in the Masters and US Open. Other picks are Adam Scott (relentless though dodgy belly-putter), Zach Johnson (has the major winning pedigree) and Brandt Snedeker (by far the silliest name in golf!)."

0815: Sheffield's Danny Willett, aged 23, starts the day with six glorious pars. And he's only gone and ruined his card with a birdie at the par-five seventh to join the top of the leaderboard gang on one under. And it goes without saying - I mention a player and the bogeys follow. After those two birdies, Graeme Storm bogeys the sixth and he slips back to level par. Anybody else you want me to mention and provide the kiss of death by bogey?

Twitter
InfostradaLive on Twitter: "Royal St George's hosts the Open for the 14th time. The last Open edition here was in 2003, when Ben Curtis won. Only St Andrews (28), Prestwick Golf club (24) and Miurfield (15) have hosted the Open more often."

James in Newark, via text 81111: "I would like to pledge my complete and utter support to Mr McDowell and Mr Harrington. You are my chosen two. I realise its going to be a rollercoaster, I am with you always lads. But come Sunday let us together arrive in what I know will be described as golfing perfection."
Nice.

0759: All this talk of the weather has got one man firing up the leaderboard. Graeme Storm (cheesy gag I know but surely allowed before 8 o'clock no?) is tied with four others on one under after birdies at the third and fifth. Others at the top are Calcavecchia, Havret, Jacobson and Bjorn. And at the other end, the man who was the first player to swing his clubs this morning Jerry Kelly has just bogeyed the par-three sixth having steadied his wobbly ship with three pars following his earlier double bogey. He's now on +4. Anybody else you want me to keep any eye on? Or any other questions? I'm here for you.

Stu in Shrewsbury, via text 81111: "I am far too excited. 2 days off work, 4 days of golf, 1 34th birthday all rolled into the greatest sporting weekend of all! Pick for week is Garcia and big Bubba."
Happy birthday.

0751: "I'm the sort of person that likes a little bit of a buzz in the atmosphere around the group and I'll enjoy it. I'll definitely enjoy it." Nope, not me talking about my thoughts entering the office door this morning. The words of Rory McIlroy who heads off at 0909 BST along with 2002 champion Ernie Els and American Rickie Fowler. Anybody else buzzing on their way to work today? Anybody done a sickie to watch the golf? (Not that i could condone such behaviour). Anybody taken leave to watch the golf? Anybody heading to Sandwich? So many questions.....anybody got any answers? TWEET or TEXT. DO IT.

Twitter
John Daly on Twitter: "Just had the best pizza in town and that's hard to find when you're not in NYC!"
A tweet from the great man from last night. The perfect pre-tournament meal surely? Daly tees off at 0953 BST. If he's anything like I am after a night on the pizza, he'll be chomping on some cold garlic bread as we speak. Mmmm.

Boon in Swansea, via text 81111: "I love the Open, why oh why do we have to work for a living! Open Thursdays and Fridays should be public holidays. My pick for the week is Retief Goosen with Adam Scott a close second."
If there is someone more enthusiastic about this year's Open please step forward right now. TWEET or TEXT me.

0736: Bit more news on Jerry Kelly who began the 140th Open Championship just over an hour ago. His bogey at the first may not have been the best way of starting but it remained an improvement on his last trip to Sandwich. When the Open was last staged at Royal St George's in 2003, Kelly took 11 on the opener on his way to a first round of 86. And just for the record, Tiger Woods (remember him?) carded a seven on the same hole in wet and windy conditions.

0732: Apologies. Just realised many of you will not have access to that weather video forecast. Basically, today will be breezy, bit of sun and warm and showers over the weekend. In essence, Sandwich will experience all the weather over the next 96 hours.

0726: Hands up who likes talking about the weather? Idle small talk or a valuable item of conversation? Either way, the wind at Royal St George's may play a big part for some of the players teeing off later today. Here's the perfect way of checking out whether you need your brollie, wellies or sunglasses
with a BBC forecast for the next four days for the Open.

Andrew in Leeds, via text 81111: "The talk before these competitions trying to identify the winner is laughable. Nobody is going to say in interviews they can't win and in reality there must be 25 who could win? Luck, fate and skill needed."
Someone's got out of bed the wrong side. Fair point though Andrew. Who's top of your list of 25 then? Are you suggesting all talk of predictions and tips should be redundant then? We'd have nothing to talk about....you trying to put me out of a job?

0721: The stinkiest start to the day so far goes to American Jerry Kelly. Bogey, double bogey and a sweet sweet par at the par-three third on his card.

0716: A few pointers for some quality video to help you prepare mentally for this cracking event. Firstly some beautiful archive of Seve Ballesteros at the Open . Secondly, an aerial view of Royal St George's. Thirdly, Radio 5 live goes behind the scenes at the Open.

0714: We have a new leader! France's Gregory Havret has birdied the opener and is the only man under par with nine players now out on the course.

0712: Want to get involved in all of this? Feel free to tweet me with anything you like at @bbcsport_mark or just get involved by using the hashtag at #bbcgolf ) OR if you prefer some phone operations, then text on 81111 (UK) with GOLF before your message.

0706: Having dished out a few names of players and their tee off times, I have no doubt encouraged a plethora of communication calling me all sorts of names wondering why the heck I haven't included Bo Van Pelt or Bill Haas or Francesco Molinari. The official leaderboard or the BBC Sport's list of tee off times will help you out with full details. Let me know who you will be looking out for.

Twitter
BBC Sport's Rob Hodgetts at Sandwich: "Former champ Mark Calcavecchia off in second group. Last seen swilling beer outside Sandwich pub about 830pm last night. Strong effort."

0700: That man is....JOHN DALY. It's the question on everybody's lips...and they of course concern his trousers (or 'pants' if you're from the other side of the pond)....colour, shades, pattern, will he actually be wearing any? So many questions. We will find out from 0953BST when the big man tees off.

0652: Well, 20 minutes into day one Australian Nathan Green sits proudly at the top of the leaderboard after a birdie at the first. A few names to look out for coming up.... Stewart Cink off at 0820 BST, Ian Poulter at 0842 BST, Paul Casey at 0858 BST, Ernie Els, Rickie Fowler and Rory McIlroyat 0909, Luke Donald and Sergio Garcia at 0920....and there's one tee off time I feel should have its own home...and that's coming right up.

0639: A quick overview of the BBC coverage you can expect today. Live video on BBC Two, HD, Red Button and online from 0900 BST until 2000. Radio 5 live is across everything from 1000 BST and there's a ginger man called Chris Evans on Radio 2 who is also providing his own unique insight into the latest going-ons at Sandwich. Any questions?

0632: So how are we all doing? Bit early for some perhaps but the golf is happening right now. The early starters on the first tee are American Jerry Kelly, Aussie Nathan Green and England's Danny Willett. News, gossip, quotes, tee off times all coming up. Loads to get involved with. Give me a break - I'm needing to load up on caffeine (and a teacake with marmalade I'll have you know) before I slowly move up through the gears. Welcome on board anyway.

BBC Sport
BBC Sport's Rob Hodgetts at Sandwich: "Shake and bake time. It's 140th Open. Start 0630 BST. Sandwich slowly coming to life as marshals, workers & a few hardy fans drift in."

0616: It only seems like yesterday we were all jumping up and down watching Rory McIlroy head down to the 18th at Congressional on his way to winning the US Open. Guess what. It's time for some more golf folks.....
steroids
outdoor gear camping
Върнете се в началото Go down

Royal St George's
Върнете се в началото 
Страница 1 от 1

Права за този форум:Не Можете да отговаряте на темите
TИГЪРА :: КАРТИНКИ :: Веселбата е гарантирана-
Идете на: