|ГЛАСУВАЙ ЗА НАС|
|БГ Фонетика |
Nuclear Imaging and Heart Disease Diagnosis
Брой мнения : 94
Join date : 06.07.2011
|Заглавие: Nuclear Imaging and Heart Disease Diagnosis Чет Юли 14, 2011 11:07 am|| |
One of the many tests that may be used to diagnose your heart disease is nuclear imaging, which also may be called a nuclear heart scan, nuclear stress test, or radionuclide testing. It is usually performed along with an exercise stress test, in which your heart is monitored while you are using a treadmill under a doctor’s supervision.
Worried about your heart health? Find a cardiologist in your area.
What Is Nuclear Imaging?
Nuclear imaging means that your doctor will inject a radioactive dye, or “tracer,” into your bloodstream. Special cameras that circle around your body are used to take X-rays of the tracer once it has flowed through your heart and nearby arteries, settling into the areas where heart tissue is working best. These images are put together to create a three-dimensional image of your heart, which shows which parts of the heart are healthy or diseased.
Usually your doctor does this test while your heart is working hard — because you're exercising (during an exercise stress test) or you've taken medications that stimulate the heart to beat as if you were exercising — and when it is at rest. By comparing the differences in function between your heart when it's working and when it's resting, your doctor may be able to diagnose heart disease.
There are two basic types of nuclear imaging systems:
* SPECT (single positron emission computed tomography). This is the most commonly used nuclear imaging system, and together with an exercise stress test SPECT can show your doctor if you have any problems with blood flow to your heart.
* PET (positron emission tomography) . This is a newer system and is used less often, in part because it's more expensive. PET may detect a problem in more than one blood vessel going to your heart better than SPECT and may be more accurate in picking up tiny defects in heart tissue.
The type of tracer you are given will depend on the nuclear imaging system that is used.
There's more content below this advertisement. Jump to the content.
When Is Nuclear Imaging Used?
Nuclear imaging helps your doctor:
* Understand the results of an abnormal EKG
* Diagnose heart disease, such as coronary artery disease (CAD)
* Find out whether parts of your heart muscle are damaged
* See how well heart disease-related surgeries have worked for you
* Find out whether you need surgery, such as coronary-artery bypass graft surgery
* Figure out whether you need more invasive heart disease tests, such as catheterization
* See whether your heart is pumping blood as effectively as it should
Benefits of Nuclear Imaging
There are significant benefits to nuclear imaging tests for heart disease diagnosisom:
* It’s noninvasive. The primary benefit of nuclear imaging is that it is a noninvasive (no incisions or surgery) way of checking on your heart’s function while exercising and at rest.
* Detailed imaging. For many patients, a nuclear scan provides images detailed enough to diagnose heart disease earlier than other tests.
Risks of Nuclear Imaging
Nuclear imaging is very safe, but patients should be aware of:
* Radiation. A recent review of data from 1 million adults showed that the use of medical scans such as nuclear imaging tests has significantly increased the annual exposure to radiation in some Americans. The small dose of radiation involved is considered to be safe for adults, but women who are pregnant should talk to their doctor about these tests because of the potential risk to their growing baby.
* Allergy to the tracer. Rarely, patients experience an allergic reaction to the tracer or other medications used.
* Discomfort. The injection site may be irritated, red, or sore for a small period of time.
If your doctor advises a nuclear imaging test, there is very little need to worry about the experience. In fact, the information you both get from this is an invaluable contribution to the understanding of your heart health.
|Имаме 74 регистрирани потребители|
Най-новият потребител е dimitargecata777
Нашите потребители са написали 940 мнения in 582 subjects
|Кой е онлайн?|
Онлайн е 1
потребител: 0 Регистрирани, 0 Скрити и 1 Гост
Най-много потребители онлайн: 184
, на Нед Яну 16, 2011 8:39 am
|he is one of them|
|Пет Авг 19, 2011 12:03 am by peggy1258|
|McCoist told the club's official website: "We're absolutely thrilled to get Alejandro in at last. We've been wanting to get a few players in and he is one of them.|
"I have absolutely no doubt he will be a great asset to us and he is a player we have been looking at for a while.
"I'm just so pleased the clubs were able to agree terms and we can get him to join the squad now.
|The USA international |
|Пет Авг 19, 2011 12:03 am by peggy1258|
|Rangers have confirmed the signing of midfielder Alejandro Bedoya on a three-year contract from Swedish side Orebro.|
The USA international had already signed a pre-contract agreement with the Glaswegian outfit and was due to join the squad after completion of the Swedish domestic season in December.
Rangers, however, have successfully re-negotiated the deal, which will allow the 24-year-old to …
|Kilmarnock sign Panikvar|
|Пет Авг 19, 2011 12:02 am by peggy1258|
|Kilmarnock have signed midfielder Leon Panikvar on a two-year contract following a successful trail.|
Kenny Shiels' side made the announcement on their official website but did not disclose any more details about the deal with the 28-year-old from Slovenia.
"Kilmarnock are delighted to announce new signing Leon Panikvar," read the statement.
"Leon has been rewarded with a …
| haven't seen it through|
|Чет Авг 18, 2011 11:17 am by peggy1258|
|They remain unbeaten but boss Kenny Jackett was frustrated at seeing them blow a two-goal lead for the second time this term.|
"It's disappointing because we looked in a strong position and had a number of chances to put the game away," he said.
"Their keeper made a couple of good saves, and at 2-1 up he's touched one onto the post, and they've gone down the other end and scored.
|We've shown our character again|
|Чет Авг 18, 2011 11:16 am by peggy1258|
|And they appeared dead and buried when Hameur Bouazza collected Darius Henderson's pass and doubled their advantage after the break.|
But Taylor came off the bench in the 55th minute, and a quarter of an hour later he set up Lee Frecklington to pull one back.
And moments after Trotter had hit a post for the Lions, Taylor completed the comeback with a low 20-yard strike.
"We've shown our …
|Peterborough a 2-2 draw against Millwall.|
|Чет Авг 18, 2011 11:15 am by peggy1258|
|Darren Ferguson admitted he had taken a gamble signing Paul Taylor after he earned Peterborough a 2-2 draw against Millwall.|
The striker was handed a six-month FA ban three years ago while playing for Chester for failing a drugs test but is now showing signs of maturity.
Ferguson signed the 23-year-old from Anderlecht at the end of last season and was rewarded with Taylor's first goal for Posh …
|Harry concedes Euro mission|
|Чет Авг 18, 2011 10:09 am by peggy1258|
|Harry Redknapp admits Tottenham must strengthen if they are to achieve his aim of qualifying for the UEFA Champions League again.|
The Spurs boss predicts a three-horse race for the title and likewise for fourth spot, the last position available from which to qualify for Europe's premier club competition.
Redknapp believes Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City are virtually assured a …
|Чет Авг 18, 2011 10:09 am by peggy1258|
|He added the club have got plenty of scouts all over the world, saying: "And we are not frightened to spend money when we think it's right.|
"Our fans have more reasons to be proud of this club - the values here, the way the club is run, what the club is built (upon) - than being angry with the club.
"Of course we want to deliver trophies, of course we want to win trophies, who …
|Wenger - I'd spend £40m|
|Чет Авг 18, 2011 10:08 am by peggy1258|
|Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has claimed he would spend £40million on bringing players to the Emirates.|
The French tactician is seen by some as being too cautious in the transfer market amid rivals such as Manchester City and Chelsea splashing the cash to bolster their squads.
But Wenger has defended his dealings, claiming he would be happy to spend £40m if the right players came along.
| || ||1||2||3||4||5|
|27||28||29||30||31|| || |